Enable your own adventure
The Packraft Paddler Course is the first accredited course in the UK! It’s designed to give you the knowledge and skill to get out there and undertake your own packrafting adventures. The Course is Accredited by the Water Skills Academy, one of the leading paddlesports awarding bodies in the UK.
The course follows a full syllabus of skills and culminates with you planning and executing a full day packrafting journey on suitable water (up to Grade II) all carried out under our expert supervision.
Delivered by fully qualified and extremely experienced paddlesport coaches you are certain to leave with the confidence and skills to undertake an appropriate packraft adventure!
The course can be run over 4 consecutive days or 2 x 2 day modules.
The course is jam packed with information and techniques. Here’s a few of the key elements the syllabus covers:
- Raft type, set up and repair.
- Clothing, equipment selection and safety kit.
- Paddling fundamentals including: open water paddling, self and paddler rescue.
- Moving water paddling including: breaking in and out of flow, S and C turns & ferries.
- Hydrology, water features and hazards.
- Risk management and group paddling considerations.
- Safety considerations.
- Open water techniques including: sailing, wind issues and safety.
For certification individuals will be required to take up Water Skills Academy Non-Coach / Recreational Membership for a fee of £30. The membership also provides waterways licensing, personal liability insurance and access to further training and resources. We will send you the link for membership upon booking. Read more here.
To secure a place on our 2019 courses please contact us here.
Course Dates 2019
March 15 – 18th (full)
13 – 16 April (4 spaces)
17 – 20 Sept (4 spaces)
Please enquire via our Contact Page for 2019 course dates and private group bookings.