This is a journey into one of the most spectacular areas of Europe. We will be gliding through the lochs of the West coast, an amazing wilderness area cut off from the mainland road network, surrounded by majestic mountains and deep lochs. Deep in heart of the West coast region we will find true wilderness, wildlife and adventure. This stunning area is steeped in history and its remoteness is breathtaking.
Dates and Price
- 10th – 13th May 2019 (FULL) 15-18th May 2018 (available)
- £345pp (excluding transport and meal in Inverie).
- A unique self-propelled journey deep into the wilderness of Scotland’s West Coast
- Stunning mountain scenery
- Undisturbed wildlife, eagles, otters, deer, porpoise
- A true taste of expedition life
- A chance to visit remote pubs
The journey is designed to cater for all levels of paddlers, building the distance daily. You will need to be comfortable paddling up to 5 hours a day with breaks.
We will be using a mixture of campsites and hostels (you may wish to book a B and B in Inverie).
There are several ways to get to Fort William our meeting point.
- Flying – Glasgow International then hire a car or train to Fort William.
- Train – Glasgow to Fort William
- Driving – Glasgow to Fort William 2.5hrs
All food will be purchased before the journey. For a true expedition feel we require participants to carry their own equipment and food, all part of the adventure. We will cook evening meals together for the true expedition experience.
Your safety is paramount, we use a 1:4 ratio. Guides will be WSA Adventure Trainers, who train other guides to work in this environment. As we are operating in a wilderness area there is no phone reception for most of the journey. Guides will carry VHF radios used in this environment. Guides are advanced first aid trained. Leashes and buoyancy aids must be worn at all times on the water, unless instructed differently by the WSA guide.
A full equipment list will be sent on booking. We are happy for you to bring your own SUP but it must be able to carry some equipment and you must be comfortable on it in small choppy water. We can help by hiring you suitable boards. We insist on leashes and buoyancy aids and can help if required.
Join us for unique journey by SUP into the wild, remote wilderness!
To read more about our exciting SUP Paddleboarding adventure in Scotland, read our post here.