Join us for a stunning and special journey by SUP into the remote Norwegian Fjords. Living on board the MV Gaasten we will access some of the most remote, unspoilt and simply breathtaking areas of the Norwegian Fjords. This journey is special, allowing us to cruise amongst majestic peaks and deep into the fjords accessing perfect areas to paddle and experience the wilderness and grandeur by SUP.
Living on board the MV Gaasten we will access some of the most remote, unspoilt and simply breathtaking areas of the Norwegian Fjords. This journey is special, allowing us to cruise amongst majestic peaks and deep into the fjords accessing perfect areas to paddle and experience the wilderness and grandeur by SUP.
- Beginner (some basic skills are required)
Dates and price
- September 12th – 19th 2020
- Living on board the MV Gassten
- All meals provided
- A chance to share the water with porpoise, whales
- Travel deep into the Fjords
- Majestic scenery
- Daily journeys by SUP
- Day one – Arrive aboard after airport pick up, meet your guides, check equipment and head out to Saga fjord with time for a short Paddle before dinner.
- Day Two – Head to Bjørke being dropped off en route, paddle and meet Gaasten at the head of the fjord.
- Day Three – Morning paddle out of fjord, a pick up for lunch and head to Øya and the Hotel Union. An afternoon paddle to Gaasten at anchor in the shadow of the mighty mountain Slogen!
- Day Four – Early start and steam to Valldall in Storfjorden and an afternoon paddle.
- Day Five – Steam into Geiranger, drop off and paddle all the way to the harbour with a lunch en route either aboard or ashore by the waterfalls.
- Day Six – Head back to Alesund for an evening paddle or a paddle en route. Final farewell dinner!
- Day Seven – Depart after breakfast.
The journey is designed to cater for all levels of paddlers, building the distance daily. You will need to be comfortable in paddling up to 5 hours a day with plenty of breaks to watch the wildlife and scenery.
- There are several flights to Aalesund.
This is one of the highlights of living aboard Gaasten. We are treated to amazing cuisine, breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea, cake and a 3 course evening meal. Prepared fresh daily by Gaastens chef, fresh fish, locally grown vegetables and amazing baking.
Your safety is paramount; we use a 1:8 ratio. Guides will be WSA Adventure Trainers, who train other guides to work in this environment. As we are operating in a wilderness area there is no phone reception for most of the journey. Guides will carry VHF radios used in this environment. Guides are also advanced first aid qualified.
Leashes and buoyancy aids must be worn at all times on the water, unless instructed differently by the WSA guide.
A full equipment list will be sent on booking. We are happy for you to bring your own SUP but it must be able to carry equipment and you must be comfortable on it in small choppy water. It is really important to have the correct board and if you wish to bring your own you will need to contact us to let us know the make and model so we can advise suitability. If you are looking to hire equipment, the WSA can provide a full rental list from boards, leashes, buoyancy aids and clothing. Buoyancy aids and coiled leashes are mandatory.
Join us for what has to be one of the best SUP vacations on the planet.
To read more about our exciting SUP Paddleboarding adventure in Norway, read our post here.